Welcome to MSH @ Home
Click on the different circles to find out more about our 6 C's philosophy.
We care that clients receive a service that is right for them, as an individual, and will also help improve the health of the whole community
- Domestic Care - assisting you with day to day household tasks, such as cleaning and preparing nutritious healthy meals
- Personal Care - assisting you with the activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, use of the bathroom and maintaining continence
We ensure that all our practitioners and therapists understand each clients' individual needs, and have the expertise, clinical and technical knowledge to deliver effective treatments
- Specifically for those with HIV / AIDS, as well as supporting those with other complex health needs, being sensitive and respectful of your lifestyle choices
- Home from hospital
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s care
We understand that effective communication means listening to client's needs and requirements, and delivering a range of services tailored to these needs
- Medication Prompting & Administration - assisting you with taking of medicines
- Psychotherapy & Wellbeing – assisting you with your mental health issues and concerns
- Providing a named Registered Nurse as your Care Partner, who will facilitate you and/or your family to plan the care you receive, the way you want to receive it
We aim to build a lasting relationship with our clients, based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Companionship - accompanying you to social events & other community activities
- Respite services
We have developed a service that gives our staff the personal strength and vision to innovate and embrace new ways of thinking, as well as the confidence to raise concerns when something isn't right.
- End of Life Care - supporting individuals and families with terminal illness
- Using technology such as Apps and websites to allow you and/or your family to rate and provide feedback on our services, as well as ensuring that your Care Partner stays in regular contact to ensure you are full satisfied with the care you are receiving
- Starting from the recruitment process, we empower our personal carer support workers and nurses to speak up, with a no blame culture. If we make a mistake, we acknowledge it and work with you to put things right
As a social enterprise we are committed to ensuring all surplus is reinvested to run and improve our services, enhancing care, ensuring our staff receive a London Living Wage and ongoing professional development. MSH @ Home is committed to identifying, understanding and responding to the different needs and experiences of our local community in order to narrow the gap in outcomes on all things that matter.
- Graduate companion service, providing you with a young person who is respectful of your life experience, but keen to support you to make the most out of all that London has to offer. That could be a visit to local park or gallery, a friend to accompany you to a hospital or health care appointment, or someone with whom to share a smile over a cup of tea
Volunteer for us
Would you like to become one of our beloved ‘Companions’?
Can you spare a couple of hours each week to spend time supporting one of our clients to make the most out of all that London has to offer? That could be a visit to local park or gallery, accompanying a client to a hospital or health care appointment, or be someone with whom to share a smile over a cup of tea.
We are seeking under and post graduates, and young professionals to volunteer for the position of an MSH @ Home companion.
"Six months ago my wife died, and I resolved to be active and not to dwell on the sad loss. Then a friend who had cared for us both for the past two years fell and broke her leg. I needed care as I am not very mobile. I faced a bleak and lonely period. Would I have to ask my son to come from Australia? Then I was introduced to MSH@Home and I was immediately reassured. Their staff were good natured and thoughtful. They encouraged me whenever I felt able, and immediately dealt with tasks that were too much for me - surgical stockings for the legs, shopping, caring for the garden. Most important, we share intelligent and convivial conversation. And there are treats; an hour's reflexology, after which I feel three inches taller and ten years younger; and help from a volunteer with my paperwork - bank, tax, correspondence. When MSH@Home enter my flat it feels like a family visit. They have helped me fully to enjoy my eighty third birthday."
"I was first recommended to contact MSH in March 2016 as I was experiencing problems in employing my home carers and finding a care agency that could go a long way to meet my very flexible needs in care and health. Within a matter of hours I was contacted back by the CEO and an initial meeting was arranged, unfortunately I was unable to keep that appointment due to a short hospital admittance but MSH was able to let me have a suitable alternative appointment. The assessment was in no way confusing and dealt with in a professional manner which was important to me. I was able to be introduced to the carer that was going to care for me if I agreed to move forward. I was never hurried or confused in the assessment process and everything was explained to me in clear English. After the assessment, I was given time on my own and to talk to any of my other support workers before I finally decided if this was something for me. When I decided to accept, MSH put a care plan in place on the first day of starting I was introduced also to my secondary carer in my home and he was given 2 weeks to get to know me. I was encouraged to contact their senior staff if I wanted help and advice about anything. MSH always contacted me by communication of my own choice. They fully informed me of all the services that they were able to offer me. I was very pleased to see the carers were happy in their role and working environment. The carers seem to be well supported and their training seems to be done on regular basis. The carers were fully aware of their role and responsibilities. The carers were updated on administration they had to do on a daily basis. The carers were up to date with health and safety rules. The carers appeared to be happy with their work and employer. Overall I feel that MSH, for the short time that I have been with them, have shown that they are a professional company and able to meet the needs of their clients in a safe and compassionate way and I hope I will be with them for the long term."