Nothing about you, without you.
MSH@Home provides a nurse led home care service to individuals and their families living across West London. Our select team of skilled, and professional staff, work to provide clients with personal care that is tailored to their individual needs, planned in partnership with the client and/or their family following an in-depth nursing assessment. Compassion is at the heart of all that we do, and we aim to build a lasting relationship with our clients, based on empathy, respect and dignity.
The service is run by MSH Health & Wellbeing Community Interest Company (MHW-CIC) a not-for-profit social enterprise based and working across West London.
MSH@Home strives for excellence in that we do, to ensure we can support our clients to remain as independent as possible, promoting wellbeing and providing assistance when needed with daily tasks, such as shopping and cleaning. We also provide care and support to people living with long-term illnesses and those with complex health needs, including HIV/AIDs, dementia and those approaching end-of-life. Every client/family is allocated a Named Nurse who will assess, plan and evaluate their care, providing support and supervision to an allocated consistent team of Health Support Personal Assistants (HSPAs).
In order to best suit client needs we have access to a multidisciplinary team of highly competent practitioners within the fields of health and social care and the wellbeing industry. We ensure all our practitioners understand each client’s individual needs, and have the expertise, clinical and technical knowledge to deliver effective treatments. As a social enterprise, we invest any surpluses into service development, ensuring our staff receive Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Effective communication means listening to client’s needs and requirements, with access to a qualified nurse for help, advice and general information about our service during office hours. We also offer an out-of-hours on-call nurse service, should any of our clients and/or their family require urgent assistance during the night and at weekends and public holidays. We provide short-term or ongoing community based health care services to support clients living independently for as long as possible in their own home, as well as a rapid out of hospital service.
Our services are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and being a multidisciplinary team which is Nurse led, MSH @ Home is unique in being able to provide extra nursing care services such as:
- A helpline answered by a registered nurse during office hours and with an out of hours on- call advice service, also staffed by a registered nurse. Nurse treatment protocols to manage (in liaison with your GP) the onset of acute conditions at home, such as urinary tract infections (UTIs) to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions
- Access to a multidisciplinary team, including medics, nurses, a physiotherapist, occupational therapist, social workers, a nutritionist, psychotherapists, and personal trainers
- Care staff who have completed our in-house corporate development programme, that fulfils all the requires of the new Care Certificate, based on 15 standards covering from equality & diversity, through to safeguarding and infection control
- Graduate ‘companions’ who will provide a befriending and social service, with weekly visits to support you with your hobbies, getting out and about or simply having a chat over a cup of tea in the comfort of your home
- A support group for friends and family, for those of our clients with debilitating chronic conditions, particularly those with dementia