We hope you all have had a great week. If you have used any of our services before (from either MSH at Queens Park, MSH Wellbeing or MSH@home) and would like to be an active member of our non-executive board of directors, then there is currently a space open!
As part of the MAG (Management Advisory Group) you will be advising us on our corporate policies, company procedures and financial reports. You would need to be familiar with who we are and available for a minimum of 4 times in a year to both receive, and discuss, the financial reports, policies and we would need you to provide managerial direction to the development of our company.
We would need you to be available, in Islington, on these dates;
- Sunday 13th March 2016
- Sunday 12th June 2016
- Sunday 11th September 2016
- Sunday 11th December 2016
(The exact venue of the meetings have not been confirmed but they will all be in Islington)
If you think that you would be interested in being a part of our Management Advisory Group as a Service User Representative, or if you know of anyone who would be interested, then please feel free to read our MAG Terms of Reference below and email Justin Gaffney (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Terms of Reference
The Management Advisory Group (MAG) acts as the Non-Executive Board of Directors, who provide advice and guidance with regard to corporate governance for MSH Health & Wellbeing CIC (hereafter referred to as the Company), particularly with reference to NHS/local authority commissioned services provided by the Company.
The group will advise and comment on all corporate policies, company procedures and financial reports within the Company. The group will meet a minimum of four times yearly to receive financial reports, discuss policies and provide managerial direction to the development of the Company. It will do this by:
- Developing principles and criteria that will underpin the decision making for priorities
- Understanding the Government’s priorities (and Core Funders) for the delivery of sexual health and health/care services and ensuring that the Company’s practice reflects these priorities
- Developing the key areas of focus for the Company, being aware of the history of the Company.
- The MAG members commit to working together to ensure a corporate voice that represents the best interests and reputation of the Company.
- Each member of the MAG will serve a term of no less than three years in office, with no more than 50% of the MAG membership being new to the group at any one time, to ensure continuity of the group
- All key decisions will be presented to the CEO/Owner, who carries ultimate liability for the Company, but is accountable for corporate decisions and financial management to the other members of the MAG. A majority vote of other members of the MAG may result in sanctions against the CEO/Director, including temporary suspension and removal, although the CEO/ Owner will always remain main share holder and owner of the Company.
- Identify critical issues and make recommendations to resolve them
MAG Members Role
Members of the MAG will be selected and appointed for their clinical or policy/corporate expertise and will form the Board of the Company, they will:
- Be Directors of the Company, registered as such with Companies House;
- Not be liable for any act or omission of the Company. MSH Health & Wellbeing CIC, with its own Public Liability Insurance and each practitioner working for the company is contractually required to have their own professional indemnity insurance;
- Receive an honorarium or expenses incurred in relation to the role, on receipt of an appropriate invoice or receipts. If profit is achieved, as Directors they may receive Dividends or shares within the Company.