MSH at Home Community Interest Company (MSH) is a dynamic and innovative nurse led organisation providing fully accessible and patient centred health and social care services.
1. To provide the highest quality health & wellbeing services available to private, commercial & NHS clients.
2. Promote positive health and general wellbeing, with a focus on public health outcomes, mental health and wellbeing, safe and effect clinical trials and healthy ageing..
3. To increase access to appropriate information for the promotion of a healthy lifestyle and of general wellbeing, including positive mental health. Through proactive networking, to signpost patients and clients to evidence based sources of best practice and advice.
4. Ensure all staff have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently. Our aim is to incorporate our 6 core values (care, compassion, competence, communication, courage and commitment) across all aspects of our work – from office support through to service delivery with patients and clients.
5. To support the recruitment of clients to clinical trails through the provision of a safe and effective home visiting service, reducing the burden on the client to attend frequent hospital/trial centre appointments.
6. To provide vetted volunteer ‘companions’ who offer a befriending and social service, with weekly visits to support home care clients with their hobbies, getting out and about or simply having a chat over a cup of tea , reducing social isolation and promoting positive mental wellbeing.
7. The provision of personal care for people who are unable to provide it for themselves, because of old age, illness or disability, and which is provided to them in the place where those people are living at the time when the care is required.
8. To provide a safe, quality driven nurse led domiciliary care service to clients where their care needs are respected and that the clients are fully involved in the delivery of their own personal care
9. To provide nursing interventions & diagnosis for the purpose of maintaining the health and wellbeing of persons being cared for within their own home, such as the prevention and treatment of pressure sores, administration of medications (including intravenous medications), etc. so as to maintain the persons best potential health and wellbeing, prevent unnecessary hospital admissions and facilitate early discharge from hospital where nursing care may be required.
MSH at Home CIC believes that the client is the focus of our business and their wellbeing should be at the heart of all that we do.
Click on the different circles to find out more about our 6 C's philosophy.
We care that clients receive a service that is right for them, as an individual, and will also help improve the health of the whole community
We ensure that all our practitioners and therapists understand each clients' individual needs, and have the expertise, clinical and technical knowledge to deliver effective treatments
We understand that effective communication means listening to client's needs and requirements, and delivering a range of services tailored to these needs
We aim to build a lasting relationship with our clients, based on empathy, respect and dignity
We have developed a service that gives our staff the personal strength and vision to innovate and embrace new ways of thinking, as well as the confidence to raise concerns when something isn't right.
As a social enterprise we are committed to ensuring all surplus is reinvested to run and improve our services, enhancing care, ensuring our staff receive a London Living Wage and ongoing professional development. MSH @ Home is committed to identifying, understanding and responding to the different needs and experiences of our local community in order to narrow the gap in outcomes on all things that matter.
In line with the Department of Health ‘Compassion in Practice’, we will implement the 6Cs, as they naturally focus on putting the client at the heart of the services we will provide:
CARE – We care that clients receive a service that is right for them, as an individual, and will also help improve the health of the whole community. MSH recognises, respects and values the UK’s diverse community and all staff are committed to promoting good relationships between people of different backgrounds and lifestyles.
COMPASSION – When we provide clients with a service, we aim to build a lasting relationship with them, based on empathy, respect and dignity. All staff members work in a way that takes into account the fact that people have multiple identities and complex needs which may compound the inequalities which we all face in today’s society.
COMPETENCE – We ensure that all our practitioners and therapists understand clients’ individual needs, and have the expertise, clinical and technical knowledge to deliver effective treatments and services based on research and evidence.
COMMUNICATION – Is central to successful relationships and effective team working. Effective communication means listening to clients’ needs and requirements and delivering a range of therapies and services that respond to these needs. If a client tell us that they are unhappy with something, rather than make excuses we need to apologise and work with them to see how we can do better next time.
COURAGE – Enables us to develop as a service, and gives our staff the personal strength and vision to innovate and embrace new ways of working, and safeguard the best interest of clients, to speak up when something is not right.
COMMITMENT – As a social enterprise we are committed to ensuring all surplus is reinvested to run and improve our services, enhancing care, ensuring our staff receive a London Living Wage and ongoing professional development. Through our commitment in tacking discrimination and inequality in all the services areas for which we will be responsible for, including our roles as employers, MHW-CIC is committed to targeting our efforts to secure fairness and equitable outcomes with all the clients we aim to serve. MSH will work in partnership with local government, and other healthcare and support services to pool information and resources to ensure that there is equality of opportunity and access to services.
Our recruitment strategy is based around hiring a local workforce, and providing a flexible range of opportunities to support into work those individuals who might otherwise find it difficult to access health and social care employment. MSH seeks to ‘build’ teams of nurses and Health Support Personal Assistants (HSPAs) around clients and patients, within a neighbourhood, especially those within our private home care and MSH Clinical Trials divisions. This ensures consistency of care provider for the patient and better supports flexible working for our staff. We support volunteering opportunities for graduates within our MS at Home Companions Programme and work placements for college students in partnership with Inspire! Education Business partnership. As a registered London Living Wage employer we provide our employees with the financial support that they require by paying the London Living Wage. Health & wellbeing are the core principles of our organisation and strive to ensure that they are integral across all our divisions.