At the heart of MSH @ Home’s service delivery is the principle that everyone should have the opportunity to live comfortably and autonomously in their own home, with dignity and respect. We make this passion a reality by working with the best carers and by creating an environment for our staff where they feel valued and appreciated; and these principles apply equally whether you work full time for us, or just a few hours per week.
Here at MSH @ home we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to work for us. Our primary objective is to find applicants whose core values, like us, is to provide quality care services to our clients, would like to make a positive contribution to our local community and are willing to further develop their skills regardless of the previous employment background.
Our staff benefits package includes:
- Competitive rates of pay – as an accredited London Living Wage employer, our personal care support workers commence on the London Living Wage as a minimum, providing them with a wage rate that allows living in the capital affordable. It also ensures an annual pay increase each year, determined by an independent pay review body.
- Flexible working – all our personal care support workers will be registered with our Staff Bank, allowing you to flex your working hours around study, childcare and other commitments outside of the work place.
- On successful completion of the induction programme, and having graduated with your Care Certificate, all personal care support workers will then qualify for our additional staff benefits which include:
- Access to support through our Workplace Options service, which includes confidential 24/7 support accessed via Freephone, SMS texting, on-line (LiveConnect) secure email, for Work Life Support including access to information, legal information and signposting and financial information
- Access to our BUPA Select private medical insurance, covering out-patient and in- patient care
- A work place life insurance cover, providing financial security for your named beneficiary in the event of your death
- Enrolment onto our Corporate Pension Scheme
At MSH @ Home, all new personal care support workers and nurses are provided with a comprehensive Induction program. This program is based on the new Care Certificate and lasts 12 weeks, consisting of a 5 day induction; workbook assignments; work based assessments and one to one mentoring.
The Care Certificate was developed as a result of Cavendish review which took place in July 2013. The aim of this new program is to ensure that all new team members can demonstrate the right skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide high quality and compassionate care.
After completing this 12 week program, new team members then have the opportunely to enrol on other accredited training courses, as well as undertaking their NVQ in Health & Social Care. On-going training and development for all staff is documented within their Professional Development Plan (PDP), reviewed regularly during supervision with their line manager.